Role: Software Test Engineer/QA Analyst
Location: Pune, India
Reports to: Test Manager, Dataction Analytics Pvt Ltd
We are looking for Software Test Engineer/QA Analyst to carry out various testing activities and provide operational support to our client based out of UK.
This role is to be based at our Delivery Centre in Pune.
- 3-5 years of experience in software testing.
- Minimum 1 year experience in project maintenance and support activities.
- Must have experience in low level testing (SQl/Mongo DB). Knowledge of Mongo DB is preferred.
- Experience in designing and executing test cases, preparation of test plan.
- Well acquainted with SDLC & STLC.
- Well acquainted with testing phases and techniques.
- Hands on experience with test management and bug tracking tools like Test Link, Jira, Rally.
- Hand on experience in testing of Web services/Feeds (XML/JSON).
- Working knowledge of version controlling (SVN) and file transfer applications (Putty, WinScp).
- Well acquainted with agile environment and onsite/offshore model.
- Strong knowledge of windows servers and commands.
- Working knowledge of application support processes. Preferably ITIL Certified.
- Experience in creating and maintaining automation scripts for regression suite will be an added advantage.
- Preferably working experience in travel domain
- Experience in Content and Digital Asset Management application will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Client-server architecture and server configuration (IIS,Apache)
- Ability to take ownership of handling customer issues from start to closure.
- Ability to analyse and understand problems of a technical nature.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, experience of working with / communicating with counterparts from UK, Germany is desired
- International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB) Foundation level certification is desired
Key Job Activities:
- The role is primarily focused on testing various product releases and handling customer issues.
- Analysing test requirements
- Developing test scenarios and preparing test data
- Designing and executing test cases (Functional, Low-level)
- Developing/ Maintaining Test Scripts/Automation
- Preparing various Test reports
- Perform Functional/Non-functional tests as required
- Perform regression test and verify bug fixes for maintenance releases
- Handling customer issues as per set SLA’s
- Work with Development team to identify and resolve problems
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Willingness and ability to manage in a start-up environment
- Proactive and willing to learn
- Result oriented